It has been said that nutrition can make a good athlete great but lack of nutrition can make a great athlete poor. Don’t waste another season “winging it” with your nutrition!
When injury happens, we want to get back as quick as possible. Working with a dietitian can help you get back to your training and competition by giving you the edge to recovery and rebuild!
There are tons of online resources that give tips on nutrition for muscle building and surely you have heard a few ideas from family, friends, coaches and trainers. Working with a dietitian nutritionist will help you focus on what foods to eat and how to time them based on your own workouts and other lifestyle factors. If you are interested in supplements, a dietitian is crucial so you are spending your hard-earned money on things that will help and avoiding supplements that could hurt or get you banned from competition!
Eat to Compete
Eat to Compete
Whether you’re overly tired during training, feeling lightheaded and wondering if it's nutrition-related, or you’re just not sure what to eat on training days versus competition days, you’re in the right place! After fully reviewing your health, training, and goals, I can help you find simple ways to feel better, perform stronger, and make your food plan less of a mental burden!
Phases of Training
Phases of Training
“What should I eat” depends on what you are doing. Often athletes are confused about nutrition simply because they are learning about nutrition for a different type or volume of activity than they are used to. Let’s create a plan for now and help you transition when later comes.
Sometimes our relationship with food can get a little strained. We begin to lose trust in ourselves or in food itself. We may overeat, under-eat, or compensate for what we ate in unsafe ways. When this happens, let your dietitian be your guide to rediscovering the best way to eat for your mental and physical health.
Using our meal planning software and our understanding of how food impacts you and your family, we can help you find recipes and meals that satisfy! We know that cooking can be a burden sometimes but when we put a system in place, we can find delicious ways to eat without wasting time and money!
How we help
- We focus on you, your history, your story. Your trek to your best body, mind, and spirit started long before you met us! So we need you to plot the points on your journey. We ask you to share relevant medical history (your medical provider can help get that information), diet history (fill us in on what you have tried in the past!), and lifestyle history (exercise, sleep, and stress impact your body now!).
- We use a food-first approach as much as possible, guide you to foods and nutrients that you may be lacking, help you tap into your natural instincts when it comes to food, and look at the timing of your eating compared to activity.
- It is important for us to understand your goal destination BUT it is also important for you to be able to see a clear vision of that destination too! Together we define your destination. What it looks like and why it matters to you.
- We often utilize food logging, body composition readings and self reflection. We ALWAYS use goal setting!
- Sometimes it is important for us to collaborate with others involved in your health journey such as your physician, an exercise professional, or a mental health professional. We believe a team approach is the key to success with you as team captain!
- We help you identify your barriers and find ways to overcome them! Have trouble finding time to shop and cook? Overwhelmed by too much info coming at you from EVERYONE with an opinion on nutrition? Worried that you don’t know what to eat when your plans change, or when you are on the road? Let’s get it all out there and tackle each barrier!
- We help you leverage FOOD SMARTS to finally reach your health goals. Remember, food is nourishment, medicine and fuel!
Four powerful tracks to meet your individual needs
Clients in the Fundamental Track are looking to a registered dietitian to provide them with personalized nutrition education and counseling to get them started on a solid plan for a healthier lifestyle. This track is best for the client who is just beginning to take nutrition seriously.
Clients in the Stay-on-It Track are looking to a registered dietitian to support them by providing a more customized comprehensive plan, accountability, and addressing on-going nutrition challenges. This track is best for the client who has been working on nutrition and needs a professional accountability partner.
Specialized Performance Nutrition Track
The Specialized Performance Nutrition Track offers a specialty focus in Performance Nutrition. Clients in this plan are seeking accountability, a customized plan, are committed to addressing challenges and desire to permanently overcome their nutrition struggles. Clients in this Track are endurance athletes looking to get an edge in their sport.
"Medical Nutrition Therapy"
The Insurance Track offers clients the opportunity to utilize medical insurance. Some preventative or medical nutrition therapy services may be covered by your health insurance.
Our practice is in-network with the following insurance companies: Highmark, Aetna, Independence Blue Cross, Capital Blue, Cigna, AmeriHealth and United Healthcare.
We have a track that can fit your goals and your budget. Contact us and we will help you set a course for success!
Have performance goals?
Discover powerful nutrition key that will give you the advantage you have been looking for!
Small changes make a BIG impact. Trendy diets don’t give you the groundwork to build a solid nutrition strategy for sustained outcomes. There is so much nutrition information out there that it’s impossible to know where to start. We’ve simplified the message with these 5 tips which we believe are applicable to everyone